Thursday, August 30, 2012

French Script Tissue Paper Apples



I was inspired by LittleMissMagggie's blog post regarding French script pears, so I decided to create my own French script fruit. I found a small wooden basket and a few glittered paper mache apples at the thrift store. I downloaded a few French scripts from The Graphic Fairy and copied them onto tissue paper, as outlined on LittleMissMaggie's blog.

First, I painted the apples white, as they were a gaudy gold color. Then, I decoupaged the graphic around the apple, cutting the sides of the graphic to help it lay flat against the apples. I took a marker and colored the stems black.

Next, I painted the small wooden basket with Provence Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and added some raffia to cushion the apples.


Lastly, I glued an apple label that I found on the web.






5 comments:

  1. Oh I love them, I have never tried printing on tissue paper, but it is great idea. We learn so much on blogs, people are so willing to share! Thank you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The incredible world of blogs - so many creative individuals so willing to give, share and encourage others. I know that you will use the printed tissue to create something very unique, as I am always in awe of the outcome when your creative juices start flowing.

      Sherrie

      Delete
  2. The fruit is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love sharing when I can, as I have been so blessed with the sharing of others. Thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out. Your apples came out beautiful. I know you will enjoy them as much as I love mine. You did a great job and I'm glad you could follow my tutorial.

    ReplyDelete