Sunday, August 25, 2013

Precious Jewish Rabbi and Madonna Head Vase

A couple of days ago I had a few minutes to burn before seeing one of my clients and decided to go into the local Salvation Army thrift store. I rarely get a chance to go into this store, as I only get to this area when I provide therapy for this particular client and I don't normally have extra time. I was hoping to find some religious figures to use in a vignette.


Fortunately for me, I found this unique Jewish Rabbi. He stands about 15 inches. He is somewhat muted in his appearance, it is not the quality of the picture. He is marked Austin Products on the back. I absolutely love him.


I was very blessed to find another item to add to the vignette, this beautiful Madonna head vase. Her colors are stunning and her face is very dear.



The brief trip into the Sally Ann thrift store netted two very nice finds. I was refreshed and joyful as I went to see my client. God is good.

Here they are in the vignette. Sorry for the picture quality, the lighting in this area is not the best. By the way, the Smith-Corona manual typewriter was $2 at my local Goodwill Bargain Barn. Can't score better than that.




3 comments:

  1. What a sweet vignette! I have never seen a Rabbi statue-how fun!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet vignette. I do not think I have ever seen a Rabbi statue either. He is full of character. Love the Madonna she is beautiful. Thanks for coming by my blog too and leaving your sweet comment. My daughter and son in law just got a black great dane puppy. Oh my he is 5 months old and is almost bigger than their lab that is a year. He is the sweetest dog ever just a giant!!!!and growing still!!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for sharing on the Creative Home & Garden Hop! Hope to see you again today...
    http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-creative-home-garden-hop-7.html

    ReplyDelete